Conditions of Participation and Participation Fees
The International Summer School on Radar/SAR is open to students, postgraduates, and young scientists who are involved with radar and related fields of work. Outstanding new students and people not currently enrolled in a university as well as researchers and developers from industry are also welcome to participate, depending on their major field of study or work and their educational level.
Basic knowledge about signal and image processing is required. To demonstrate this knowledge, please include the relevant certificates with the digital registration form in your application e-mail.
The participation fees for the International Summer School on Radar/SAR are 600 euros for students, 1000 euros for postgraduates, and 1500 euros for everyone else.
The participation fee has to be paid completely by the date specified in the notification of acceptance, if possible by credit card via our online shop. This is an indispensable requirement for participation. If the participation fee has not been paid completely by the specified date, your spot will be assigned to another applicant. If you are not able to pay by credit card, please contact us to arrange for the option of paying the participation fee by wire transfer, which can be possible in individual cases.
The participation fees include all courses and workshops of the Summer School 2019 along with the printed seminar materials, 7 days of accommodation, and full board at the conference center “Haus Humboldtstein” in Remagen as well as activities for everyone.
It is mandatory for all participants to stay at “Haus Humboldtstein” and attend all events of the International Summer School 2019.
Notification of Acceptance
Once the selection process has been completed, you will receive an e-mail from us at the e-mail address specified in the registration form to inform you of whether you have been accepted to the International Summer School on Radar/SAR 2019. So please include a valid e-mail address that you are authorized to use in the registration form and make sure that it is clearly legible.
Shortly after you have received our notification of acceptance, we will send you an e-mail with the General Information Package (GIP) containing all further details about your participation in the International Summer School on Radar/SAR 2019.
If you have any questions about the registration, please call us at +49 (0)228/9435-267 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Withdrawal
- If an admitted person is unable to attend the International Summer School on Radar/SAR 2019 for any reason, he or she can pass his or her spot on to another person in the same institution/organization and with the organizer’s approval.
- If an admitted person is both unable to attend the International Summer School on Radar/SAR 2019 for any reason and also unable to pass his or her spot on to another person agreed upon with the organizer, the following refund rules will apply:
- For cancellations up to 60 days before the start of the event, the full participation fees will be refunded minus an administration fee of 60 euros.
- For cancellations made from 59 to 30 days before the start of the event, 50% of the participation fees will be refunded.
- For cancellations made less than 30 days before the start of the event, the costs cannot be refunded.
- For a cancellation during the event, the costs cannot be refunded.
- If a cancellation is made because of a denied visa application, the full participation fees will be refunded minus an administration fee of 60 euros upon presentation of a written proof (e-mail or fax) until up to 30 days before the start of the event. Cancellations that are made because of this reason but reach us at a later date are not refundable.
Refunds are made via the debit or credit card used for the original transaction.
If we have agreed to and received a payment by wire transfer, the refund will be transferred to the bank account used for the original transaction. Any bank charges due for wire transfers to a foreign account must be covered by the account holder. For domestic wire transfers, the costs will be refunded onto a bank account specified by the recipient.