Our aim is to offer an excellent teaching and learning environment which needs a limitation of participants and requires an applicant selection process. As experienced from our first Summer School, a limitation of less than 45 students offers perfect conditions for a productive and fruitful study. But don't worry, if you have already some basic radar knowledge, you have a good chance to be selected.
First you have to register (on the left "create an account"). Then you can download the application form.
Start of Application Process: 01. December 2016
Deadline for Application: 19. March 2017
Notification of Acceptance: mid/end of April 2017
- To complete the registration, participants of the International Summer School on Radar/SAR must pay registration fees of 600,- Euro for students, 900,- Euro for PhD candidates or 1200,- Euro for all others.
The fee includes 7 days accommodation, full board, all lectures and workshops, printed lecture material and other common activities.
- If the minimum number of registrants for the summer school is not reached, the course will be cancelled. Applicants will be contacted and a full refund will be provided.
Confirmation of Registration
On your registration form, please provide a clearly legible e-mail address in order to receive confirmation of registration and a link to further information about the International Summer School. If you have any questions, please contact us on +49 (0)228/9435-267 or send an e-mail to
1. If a registrant is unable to attend the International Summer School on Radar/SAR (ISS) for any reason, he/she may – by arrangement with the registrar – transfer his/her place to another person from the same institute/organisation.
2. In the event that the registrant is unable to attend and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person (who has been approved by the ISS organiser), the following refund arrangements will apply:
a) Registrations cancelled more than 60 days prior to the event will qualify for a full refund less a handling fee of 60,- Euro
b) Registrations cancelled less than 60 but more than 30 days prior to the event will qualify for a 50% refund.
c) Registrations cancelled less than 30 days prior to the event will not be eligible for a refund.
3. Registrations cancelled due to a failed visa application will qualify for a full refund less the handling fee of 60,- Euro.
4. No reimbursement will be possible if the participant cancels during the International Summer School.
Important note for failed visa applications
Notification must be received by us in writing (e-mail or fax) not later than 30 (thirty) working days prior to the commencement of the event* for refunds to be eligible. Cancellations received after this cut-off date will not be eligible for refund.
(* Saturday and Sunday are not considered working days.)
Refunds will be made in the following ways:
1. Payments received by credit or debit card will be refunded to the same credit/debit card.
2. All other payments will be transferred to the account nominated by the payee.
Please note: Payments received from abroad (outside Germany) by bank transfer will be refunded by bank transfer and all bank charges will be for the registrant's account.
The policy in its current form is valid from October 2012.