The main focus of the 7th International Summer School on Radar/SAR lies in particular in imparting the knowledge of the physical fundamentals and technologies of modern Radar/SAR systems and the necessary signal processing steps. Special emphasis is put on imaging radar. Considered systems and applications are regarded within civilian range and in the defense.
Contents of the lectures are:
- Introduction and fundamentals of radar technology
- Overview of different radar systems in the area of remote sensing
- Radar imaging (synthetic aperture radar / SAR)
- Moving Target Indication
- Interferometric SAR
- Polarimetric SAR
- Bi-/multistatic and passive radar/SAR systems
- Waveform design
- Antennas and scattering
- Special aspects for radar front-ends
- Special radar techniques: Terahertz imaging, ultra wideband (UWB) radar, ground penetrating radar (GPR)
- Compressive Sensing
- Cognitive Radar
The International Summer School will consist of a series of lectures given by recognized experts on the above topics and related fields of application. There will be parallel workshops accompanied by experts from FHR which will strengthen the learned material. The attendees will have the opportunity to present their workshop results in a dedicated session.
The International Summer School is delighted to announce that Airbus Defence & Space (an EADS Company) is funding this event.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 September 2016 11:32